>JUVÉDERM® XC is manufactured using HYLACROSS™ technology, creating a smooth-consistency gel. It is infused with lidocaine to improve comfort during treatment. With JUVÉDERM® XC you get the smooth results you expect, with the improved comfort you want.
>Where Does It Work?
Everyone’s skin ages differently and JUVÉDERM® XC may be used to rejuvenate multiple problem areas. From smile lines to vertical lip lines, you can smooth away unwanted wrinkles and restore natural contours. Juvederm is used for smile lines, marionette lines, and vertical lip lines.
>How Does It Work?
Young, healthy-looking skin contains an abundance of a naturally hydrating substance called hyaluronic acid (HA). But as you age, sunlight and other factors can reduce the amount of HA in your skin. The lack of HA causes your skin to lose structure and volume, creating unwanted facial wrinkles and folds - like those parentheses lines around your nose and mouth.
Using a dermal filler like JUVÉDERM® XC is a safe and effective way to replace the HA your skin has lost, bringing back its volume and smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds.
>JUVÉDERM® and JUVÉDERM® XC Side Effects
JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is generally well tolerated. Most side effects are mild to moderate in nature and their duration is short lasting (7 days or less). The most common side effects include, but are not limited to, temporary injection site reactions such as redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration. As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection. Hyaluronic acid fillers are generally biocompatible, which means allergy skin testing is not required prior to treatment. JUVÉDERM® should not be used in patients with a history of allergies to lidocaine.
You should avoid the following for at least 24 hours after treatment:
· Strenuous exercise
· Consumption of alcoholic beverages
· Extended exposure to sun or heat
Exposure to any of the above may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection sites. If there is swelling, you may need to place an ice pack over the swollen area.
In addition, you and your healthcare professional should discuss the following important treatment considerations in order to help avoid unsatisfactory results and complications when using JUVÉDERM® injectable gel:
· Patients who are using substances that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, as with any injection, may experience increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site. You should inform your healthcare professional before treatment if you are using these types of substances.
· If laser treatment, chemical peeling, or any other procedure based on active dermal response is considered after treatment with JUVÉDERM® injectable gel, there is a possible risk of an inflammatory reaction at the treatment site.
· JUVÉDERM® injectable gel should be used with caution in patients on immunosuppressive therapy, or therapy used to decrease the body's immune response, as there may be an increased risk of infection.
· The safety of JUVÉDERM® injectable gel for use during pregnancy, in breastfeeding females, or in patients under 18 years has not been established.
· The safety of JUVÉDERM® injectable gel hyaluronic acid dermal filler in patients with a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) and pigmentation disorders has not been studied.
Your healthcare professional should also warn you that the safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM® injectable gel for the treatment of areas other than facial lines and facial folds (such as lips) have not been established in controlled clinical studies.